My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My First Post

January 31, 2010

I've been thinking about blogging for a long time about my journey towards obesity into it and my current process of recovering from it. I tend to spend a lot of time getting ready to get ready a good friend once told me. So, for better or worse I decided to just do it.

I will be 46 on March 6th. Three days after I have RNY gastric bypass. Why am I blogging about it? Well, my issues with weight started at the age of five progressed throughout my and have effected every part of my life. I believe it is important for people to share their stories in the hopes of helping each other.

I am a professor of education, leadership, philosophy and ethics and a writer. So, it is natural for me to want to practice reflective learning through writing and to want to share my story and learn from others.

My goal is to write something every day for the next year no matter how small to chronicle my experience with gastric by pass, the good, the bad and the ugly. I hope my experience will help me make sense of my experience and be useful to someone else.

The first resource I'm adding is the Facebook page of the bariatric program I've been working with.


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lebanon-NH/Dartmouth-Hitchcock-Bariatric-Surgery-Program/205543469150?ref=ts

4 comments:

  1. Andrea, I am very proud that you have decided to do this! I will be as supportive as I can as you go through this process and hope to learn about myself along the way, too. This is my very first blog I have ever followed! Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia, thanks so much for the support. It's my first blog to write and I've never followed one. If there are any questions I can answer just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, You are truly one of the most unselfish people I have ever known in my lifetime. I wish you the very best on this journey, you will be in thoughts daily. Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dan, I am very moved by your post. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is a source of both comfort and strength to me that you are pulling for me and thinking about me daily. I was thrilled to see you signed up to follow.

    Know you and your daughter are welcome to come for a visit any time!

    With great fondness.

    ReplyDelete