My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

Going to my First Support Group

February 5, 2010

After the set back of hearing my insurance company denied my surgery again yesterday I decided I am going to proceed as normal. I've learned in my process of getting my health back rational thought is very important. When I use my rational brain when I am upset I make better decisions. I am going to remain calm, make good eating and exercise decisions. I am also not going to worry about this situation until I find out more about it.

My insurance company agreed this surgery was medically necessary once, it will be hard for them to go back on this decision. We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your denial in all. Its funny, I was having one of moments when you feel like you have know where to turn and I came across you on obesityhelp. I too got denied, but with an exclusion, and I applied it through a union, they denied it. They did offer me an alternative that noone knows about thats coming out in the late spring early summer that I am very interested to see what that could be. Like you I am just not letting it get to me, I have been overweight this long whats another few more months gonna hurt. Anyway keep your head up, I do remember your encouraging words when I was first going through this. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dserwannabe, thanks for commenting. I'm curious, how did you find my blog? Hang in there and keep appealing and you will get there. I posted earlier tonight that it seems my denials were just part of the process of my insurance comapny. It seems they try to deny first to get out of paying. Also, if any errors occur on any parties part, the doctor, myself, my employer etc., there are computer generated denials that get generated. This is what I just went through. I found out yesterday that my surgery is covered.

    Sounds like you are in good shape in the way you are thinking about this.True, none of us get overweight over night and it takes time to get it off including gaining access to things like WLS.

    Good luck to you and please visit my blog again.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete