My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Last Pre-op Meeting/Noticable Changes!

February 13, 2010

What a week its been. It is a challenge to keep a daily blog going. I am attempting to do this for the first 12 -18 months after my RNY weight loss surgery as a means to help me be accountable. I had a lot to deal with over the past week. I had a biopsy for uterine cancer to clear up heaving bleeding that contributed to my anemia I had for the past two years. That thankfully was negative. I also found out that I am no longer anemic. The Dartmouth Hitchcock team started me on iron supplements about three months ago. This has solved the problem. This good news along with the final approval of my surgery has me over the moon with joy.

Today, I had a wonderfully healthy lunch of Tuna Salad made with capers, a little olive oil, hard boiled eggs and olives served over Kale. I find Kale holds up much better then lettuce and is of course rich with nutrients. Store Kale like a bouquet of flowers in a jar or vase of water and it will last for at least two weeks. I shared lunch with a friend at her home in Randolph Vermont and then went for a 2-3 mile walk with her dog along a river bank. We saw a fox den, many animal tracks and a lovely view of the Brandon Gap.

Tonight I made a stir fry that is perfect for post surgery eating. It was chicken, veggies and a basic stir fry sauce. As I cooked I thought about how many changes I've been making since October when I first went to my new team at Dartmouth. In the past I would have served this meal with rice. I have no desire for it now. So, I stayed true to the protein first followed by veggies.

That is it for now. I am in the process of reviewing books and products I've found helpful on my journey. As soon as I get to it, I will build a link to Amazon to help my readers find these products.

Cheers!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment