My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

11 days to go on full liquids!

What an incredible experience on the full liquids. I can tell you I am looking forward to the soft food stage I'll start on the 18th. I will always supplement my diet with protein shakes and drinks I am looking forward to eating food again. Real food that is. The closest thing to real food I've eaten is soup and pudding. This is a vital stage in recovery from the bypass because the stomach needs to heal. So, I'll just get through it. I've been researching recipes and planning menus for the next phase. Until then, I'll keep at it and keep losing.

Andrea

2 comments:

  1. I think the hardest thing at almost any stage is that it can get boring....and that's when the mind takes over and wants to initiate "conversation" with foods that have always led us down roads that weren't good for us (by "us" I mean "me" lol!)

    Stay strong, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it. It is at this stage my "inner whiner" speaks up with all kinds of excuses. I did check my approved foods list and added no sugar added apple sauce and Greek yogurt. That will help.

    ReplyDelete