My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Powerful Lesson Today

I learned the first thing I need to do is drink a protien shake and get some food in the system. I woke up feeling thirsty. Staying hydrated is very important, especially right after surgery. So I chose to drink water.

We went to the mall so I could get some walking in. It went well. We did a little shopping and then weakness hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to sit down. I felt light headed and had a headache at the same time. Not a good feeling! We stopped and got a myoplex protien drink with 42 grams of protien. Had to drink it warm, and still it wasn't bad. I took an hour and a half nap when I got home and have been struggling with a headache most of the day. I have about 30 more ounces of water to get in so I will be sipping until I go to bed. It is 6:30 now.

I have to wait 45 minutes between drinking fluids and eating. I am on all fluids right now so it was a bit confusing what to do. I drank a cup of tea first and then thought I should wait to we got back from the mall to get my first protien shake in. That was a mistake. Lesson learned. Protien/food first. 45 minutes, then tea and liquids.

No comments:

Post a Comment