My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Surgery Went Well: It's My Birthday Today

I came home from the hospital yesterday! My surgery went fine. It is a huge psychological relief to have the lap band out and to have the gastric done. I am not hungry at all. That will change over time, but the next few months there won't be hunger.

I left the hospital off all my diabetes medications. I am taking my blood sugars each morning and each evening before bed. As long as they stay under 150 I will be able to stay off these meds.

I consider today my "first" birthday. This is a new life and a new way of living. I intend to do well with this tool and to reach my weight loss goals and maintain that loss.

I just want to give a shout out to the entire staff at Dartmouth Hitchcock. I received superior care. The nurses and LNA's were great and my surgeon Ted Trus, did a fantastic job.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment