My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Three Weeks on Liquids Is Over!

My three weeks on liquids ends tonight! It wasn't easy but important in the healing of my stomach and intestines. I move on to soft foods tomorrow. What does that mean? Things like cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, re fried beans with cheese, scrambled and soft boiled eggs and soups. Here is a recipe I got from the Obesity Help Website. This tasty soup got me through the last few days when I was really tiring of liquids.

Also, check out the blog Fed Up with School Lunches I will post momentarily.

Creamy Black Bean Soup 1 tbsp olive oil 1 small onion 2 garlic cloves 15oz can black beans 3 cups chicken broth ½ cup salsa ½ c sour cream Salt Pepper Shredded Cheddar (optional) Heat the oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add the beans, stock and salsa, and season with salt and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flavors blend and the soup thickens slightly. Puree the soup with an immersion blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment