My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm Halfway to my Weight Loss Goal!

My journey to wls started four years ago when I started investing the lap band. I thought I was emotionally ready to change my relationship with food but wasn't as ready as I thought. That combined with letting my first surgeon talk me into the lap band when what I really needed was the rny I had the lap band on July 2, 2007.

That led to three years of what I describe as a living hell for me, but a necessary one for me to go through to get to where I am now. I realize the lap band is the right tool for some but it wasn't for me. We all have to make our own decisions about what surgery is best for us.

Today, I reached the halfway point in my weight loss from my highest weight ever to my first goal of 150 lbs. I'm not sure if I will go lower we'll see. It feels DAMN good to be half way there after over two decades of struggle and one failed wls surgery attempt. It all has been a good learning experience.

Andrea

2 comments: