My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

My Free Trainer is Awesome

So, about a year ago I thought I'd check out a personal trainer even though I couldn't afford one, at least monetarily. I totally needed the help. I met Scott Bevins who inspired by my story took me on for FREE. Can you believe that. I told him my story of struggle with weight, self-esteem etc. If you go to my Facebook Page and look under Andrea's Journey you can see and hear us working out. In these videos I am 30lbs heavier then I am now.

Well we met for the first time since my conversion from lap band to RNY today and outlined my new program. It consists of an hour of exercise a day, cardio to burn fat and weight lifting three times a week.

Feels great to be back in the workout saddle again. I have been walking every day since surgery starting with a mile, 40 laps around the nurses station the day after surgery. I'm up to four miles a day now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Andrea! 4 miles a day-that's great. You must feel amazingly better. Your new picture shows years off of the first one. My body seems to be protesting me lately-the knees are shot, the sciatica keeps shooting pains down my legs. Walking is difficult. But I had a friend with a passion for a certain waterfall take me for a hike yesterday, and I made it all the way to the bottom! He took my keys, popped back to the top and drove my car down to pick me up. A good friend! No ill effects today. Maybe I better try walking more myself. You keep inspiring me...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rustique Gal, I'm not sure how I missed your post. Sorry. Good for you for the successful walking event. How are you feeling these days? I started working with my trainer again last week. I lift weights for 25 minutes, followed by cardio for the rest of the hour. On the off days I walk for 45 minutes to an hour. I'm now down 34 lbs since March 3rd. I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete