My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Speaking Publicly About My Weight Loss Surgery

I'm finding that speaking publically about my weight loss surgery and my journey to good health and a good relationship with food is helping me heal. I spoke again today for the second time at the information session at Dartmouth Hitchcock. I feel a little nervous but it is getting easier each time. I told them I'd speak any time. It feels good to tell my story and to help people considering the surgery.

I'd like to find more opportunities to do so!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Andrea, I've found my voice when I go to support groups. We are all different and it is so important to be well informed before surgery and after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rustique Gal, I notice each time I speak I get a little nervous at first, but then I am really glad I did it. I've been asked if I'd like to run our support group. I said at some point I'd like to, but I want to be at least a year out from my surgery before I do. How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete