My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Walked a 5K 10 weeks after Gastric Bypass

I wanted to share with everyone I walked a 5k today just 10 weeks post surgery. I've done this particular race in the past but today was my best time ever which felt great. During the last mile my body was definitely ready for the walk to be over, but I kept my pace. I was at 20 minute miles walking which felt good.

During my surgery I had a lot of activity on the right side and it was here I felt the fatigue of the effort of the walk the most. I sleep well tonight. That's for sure!

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful accomplishment! You are very inspiring!
    I'm looking into shots in the knees-maybe a knee replacement soon. Hopefully walking will be on the agenda again. Keep up the good work!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle, I have to say for the last half mile my body was saying, "enough already!" I feel great about doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rustique Gal good to hear from you. Thanks for the kudos. Good luck on your process with your decision and process around knee replacement. Everyone I know who did it was very pleased and pain free. Do you need to do both? Hope you'll be walking pain free soon.

    ReplyDelete