My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Interesting Article About Gastric By Pass and Transfer Addiction


This is an interesting article that gets at the heart of the psychological healing that has to go on for each person in order to truly heal. I am no different. I had to work through some of my own compulsive behaviors to really heal. I had to figure out that these compulsive behaviors reinforce the cycle of shame that continually feeds the compulsive behavior. It is very easy to believe weight loss surgery will solve all ones problems, but the fact of the matter is the problems you go into it with, you also come out of it with and until you figure out healthy ways to deal with the discomfort that caused the initial eating disorder or disordered eating to start.

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2006/11/30/think-gastric-bypass-surgery-is-the-quick-fix-think-again/

No comments:

Post a Comment