My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

Good Morning, I'm up bright and early today which I'm happy about. I do best at all things in my life when I get 8 hours of sleep and am up early. This gives me time to go the gym on the days I work out and to write on the days I don't.

For the next few days I want to talk about English Chef Jamie Oliver who has worked endlessly over the past decade to change the landscape of school food both in the UK and the United States with his Food Revolution. His work was so effective the US Congress made some serious policy shifts which are needed to help facilitate this change. See the first link:

http://www.whyhunger.org/about-why/the-american-dream/1089-no-child-left-hungry-in-america.html

A good introduction to his quest can be seen on TED.com at the link below.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/jamie_oliver.html

I'd love to hear your comments after watching this 20 minute talk if you do. Oh yeah, and today is the first day I am going to put on a chef's coat and get into the kitchen as our new students start to take knife skills. Over time, I want to complete the courses for an Associates of Arts Degree in Culinary Arts. Then some graduate training in eating disorders so I can work as a therapist helping people recover from eating disorders and disordered eating. I figure the cooking approach along with the mental health approach will be a unique combination in addition to the fact that I recovered from an eating disorder.

Make it a great day!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment