My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Learning from our Dreams

I had terrible nightmares all last night involving rotten teeth, lions invading my home of origin wreaking havoc, death and destruction in the home I grew up. Killing my pets and family members. I realized these lions were symbols of the misogyny I experience growing up that led to my eating disorder and to the self destructive behaviors I've struggled with in my life. It was a clear signal to me that I am stressed and that I need to keep focused on self care and meeting my approach goals so I make progress day by day by day.

When I wrote my dissertation, I used dreams as interludes between chapters and I always learned a lot from them. Last nights dream was a clear signal to "proceed with caution."

No comments:

Post a Comment