My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

For Better or Worse In Sickness and in Health: Marriage Vows

It is essential to be able to talk about ones struggle to recover from an eating disorder with those we love most. I have been doing so with my husband during my struggle, but particularly in the last few days where I am really beginning to see the extent of my self destructive habits. I have a doctors appointment Thursday with a new doc in my primary care physicians office, one who specializes in working with people who've had bariatric surgery. I am going to write a brief letter, way easier then trying to tell  her and will take less time too and ask for a treatment plan to help me get back on track to good health.

When I asked my husband how is able to handle watching me go through such a tough process he said, "I believe the words were, "for better or worse." That has given me all the motivation I need in order to take this many headed dragon my eating disorder and wrestle it to the ground until its dead.

Make it a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment