My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm Struggling to Take My Suppliments and Paying the Price: Finding What Works

I recall before I had surgery thinking "How can someone not take their supplements?" Why would you go through gastric bypass and not do so. Well the answer is a bit complicated and I'm working may way through understanding this for  myself.

I've never been great at self care which is how I originally became obese, but not taking care of  myself and choosing food to calm myself to deal with the stresses of life which I've had way more then my share.

The last nine months have been very stressful financially for us and myself care has really fallen off. I am experiencing symptoms of Vitamin B-12 deficiency, I am chronically dehydrated, haven't been taking my calcium regularly, not sleeping well.  I went to visit my surgical team last week and thankfully they don't berate us, like my first surgeon did. They didn't need to. I knew I was and am about the most unhealthy I've ever been. This has to change. It is just sad and frustrating that I let myself get into such bad shape before I actually scare myself into taking better care of myself.

I just scheduled my annual physical, which I am of course overdue for and am going to talk openly and honestly about my struggles over the past year. I've ordered some new supplements designed for people who've had gastric bypass. I am going to arrange to have a B-12 shot each month and I am going to take care of  myself.

Wish me luck.

Andrea






No comments:

Post a Comment