My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Meet Hungry Girl: Wonderful Resouce for Lower Fat and Calorie Recpies

Hi everyone, I was on the spinning bike the other day watching Food TV where I get lots of inspiration for new dishes. With my cooking knowledge and experience I can often figure out how to alter them to make them healthier. I happened across a show with this chef. She was talking about how when Americans go to a barbecue it is not unheard of to take in 3000 calories in one meal. That is a huge amount considering I am still aiming for 1200-1400 as I try to drop my last 40 lbs. In this show, she made a substitute for potato salad that often fools people into thinking it is potato salad. This is made from cauliflower, egg whites, red onion, ranch dressing, Dijon mustard, low fat mayonnaise, low fat sour cream and a host of other items, but comes in at much healthier numbers. Check out her web site and you can find the recipe there. Enjoy!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment