My Photo

My Photo

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Can't do it without eating some bariatric foods

I apologize for my absence over the past two weeks. I've been working my way through some tough issues and I tend to run and hide from the world when I'm in that mode. I know, not a good strategy for a blogger.

For the past year, I've been really wanting to  meet all my protein goals with the use of regular food. I have always struggled to get enough protein in even before my surgery and it is even more important now. When my body doesn't get enough protein it holds on to weight. This has been the case for the past year and my weightloss slowed to well, basically nothing, just going up and down by the same few pounds. The weeks I ate enough protein I'd lose and you guessed it the weeks I didn't I'd gain.

So I finally have in and started ordering some bariatric foods from bariatricchoice.com and have lost weight the past two weeks because I am getting enough protein. These foods are designed to be low in fat and calories and high in protein, a winning combination for weight loss surgery patients. It took me a long time to come to this realization, but what matters is I made it and now I am losing again and I believe I will get to my goal.

Make it a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment